The chances are pretty high that you have never ever heard of semolina pudding before. I did a little non-representative study among my foreign online friends and most of them have never heard of it before.
But that is exactly what I intend to turn around and change *lol* It really is a shame in case you have never tried and tasted semolina pudding, or "Grießbrei" as it is called in German.
It is a wonderful hot or cold served sweet dish that can be eaten as a dessert or as a main dish. It is sooo versatile, you can add almost every sweet topping you can think of: cherries, plums, strawberries, chocolate sauce, cinnamon, whipped cream... jam or marmalade... M&Ms, nuts, raisins... boy, I know you can come up with even better ideas :-)
And best of all: This recipe is EASY!
I know that I have grabbed your intention with EASY at the latest and I do not lie to you: It is easy to prepare, can be prepared one day ahead (if you want to eat it cold) and the ingredients are not expensive!
This is what you need for 4 dessert servings:
* 800 ml milk
* 80 g semolina
* 2 tbs sugar (or more or less, depending on how sweet you like it)
* 1-2 tbs vanilla sugar
* 1 pinch salt
* 1 egg
* 25 g butter
Ok, now the fun starts:
1. Mix the milk with the sugar, the vanilla sugar and the small pinch of salt in a saucepan and bring it to boiling.
2. Let the semolina trickle into the saucepan while stirring and boil it up again.
3. Take the pan away from the heat, cover it with a lid and let it rest for 5 minutes.
4. In the meantime, separate the egg white from the yolk.
5. Whisk the egg white stiff and gently mix the egg yolk with the semolina pudding.
6. Add the butter and gently stir until it is melted.
7. Fold the egg white into the pudding and you are done!
Did I promise too much? It is almost as easy as rice pudding!
This recipe is great for a Friday evening or for vegetarians or kids... or everyone with a sweet tooth *lol*
Try it, you will love it!
Copyright © 2013 - stine1.ExpertsColumn.Com · All Rights Reserved | Powered by: ExpertsColumn.com