In case you want to celebrate your own Oktoberfest or are just looking for some new pot-luck ideas, you should definitely check out these typical German ideas!
The following very easy ideas are very popular in Germany when bringing food to a party. They are also extremely easy to prepare, no cooking involved!
* Asparagus Rolls: use slices of ham with some mayonnaise to warp it around pre-cooked or canned asparagus.
* Eggs with Fillings: Cut boiled eggs into two halfs and decorate the yellow part with mayonnaise or caviar. Of course it does not need to be real caviar, “normal” fish eggs are also delicious!
* Cheeseplate with Grapes: Simply arrange a couple of different kinds of cheese with red and white grapes.
* Dried Figs or Prunes with Bacon: This is actually Spanish, but we love it. You use a strip of bacon and wrap it around the dried fig or prune.
* “Häppchen” are simply half rolls (or use slices of baguette or white bread) with butter or margarine and different toppings, e.g. cheese, meat deli, salami.
* Cheese Sticks: Cut cheese into little cubes (diameter about 1 cm) and use toothpicks to combine it with pickles, grapes or small tomatos. The cheese should be the last one you use so that you can put it onto a platter.
(German for “Enjoy your meal!”)
Copyright © 2013 - stine1.ExpertsColumn.Com · All Rights Reserved | Powered by: ExpertsColumn.com